In exchange for an initial franchise fee and ongoing royalties, a franchisee receives a licensed privilege from Simbisa to do business under one or more of the Simbisa brand names for a speciﬁed period of time. The franchisee receives from Simbisa guidance and support in training, operations & management and brand support services.
Franchising is a mutually beneﬁcial relationship for both parties. A franchisee can enjoy the beneﬁts of being in business for themselves whilst also beneﬁting from the association with a well-known successful brand. The franchisee can also be conﬁdent in the knowledge that guidance and assistance is available. Franchising is one of the fastest growing business sectors and is a unique way of doing business built on mutual trust between the franchisee and franchisor.
In its vision to become one of the largest and most proﬁtable companies in Africa, Simbisa has identiﬁed the franchising structure as a viable mechanism for development and growth in African economies.
Simbisa Brands Limited’s core business is to own and operate the Simbisa brands in its core markets of Zimbabwe, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Mauritius and other selected markets. The Company is open to exploring opportunities with potential franchisees in new territories on the African continent.
As a franchisee you will be running your own business, but within the parameters of the Simbisa brand, business format and trading models. In operating a Simbisa store, you will have a number of responsibilities including:
- Excellence in service levels
- Creating a personalized, friendly and fun environment;
- Marketing of the store and brand
- Business management
- Customer orientation and community relations; and
- People management
Not only will you need to have the required ﬁnancial resources and track record, you will also have to possess the necessary attributes of a business owner to successfully fulﬁll your role as a Simbisa franchisee.
- The franchisee must be creditworthy and have the necessary ﬁnancial resources (a franchisee must be able to pay at least 60% of the total costs of a new franchise from non-borrowed personal resources the balance may be ﬁnanced)
- The franchisee should be ﬁnancially sound
- A formal qualiﬁcation or experience in the food industry would be an added advantage.
- A franchisee with managerial experience and / or having been self-employed is ideal
- The franchisee should be computer literate
- The franchisee should be a “hands on” person who can proactively market his business, selling himself, the Simbisa concept and each Brand’s experience. The franchisee must be an “owner-operator”
- The franchisee needs to be an energetic self-starter with a professional approach to business
- The franchisee must be people oriented with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- He/She must be able to manage others eﬀectively, have above average motivational skills and create the personalized, friendly environment that makes our business thrive
- The franchisee needs to share an alignment with Simbisa values. He must be able to model the true characteristics of an Simbisa partner.
- The franchisee should be of respectable appearance and good health
- The franchisee must demonstrate entrepreneurial skills, yet also show the willingness and ability to be a team player;
- The franchisee should be enthusiastic, dynamic and a self-motivator. He must be a “go-getter” with a strong will to succeed.
- The franchisee must be able to consider their business as a long-term investment. He / She must show commitment and have a loyal and consistent character.
- By the nature of our business and the Quick Service Restaurant sector, the franchisee needs to have stamina and strength to commit to the hard work and long hours needed to successfully operate a Simbisa Brands Limited franchise.