Advantages of being a franchisee
Our projects team evaluates all potential sites, and only upon approval of the proposed site by a site evaluator, in conjunction with the potential franchisee, will a franchise be granted at a location.
Two important factors when choosing a site are the surrounding demographics, and infrastructure. We use a combination of trade analysis and demographic research to study sites before placement of a franchise. Obviously while every eﬀort is made to ensure that a site is right for an operation, no warranties are given on speciﬁc sites.
Following successful site selection, the projects team will then oversee the development of the site from blue print to ﬁnal completion on a turnkey basis. Included in the turnkey process are the following services:
- Full Working Drawings
- Interior design
- Site Development
Other important issues on site selection and development are as follows:
- We do not recommend that a franchisee enter into any lease agreements without ﬁrst obtaining assistance from the projects team
- Under no circumstances may a potential franchisee present themselves to a landlord or developer as a representative of Simbisa unless, prior approval has been given by Simbisa.
We provide intensive and compulsory training for our franchisees, which encompasses practical and theoretical. This training will incorporate:
- General Store Management
- Store Administration
- Customer care and relations
- Hygiene and safety
- Store maintenance
- Product preparation and presentation
- General business and ﬁnancial management
All the above will need to be completed before opening, to ensure proﬁciency from opening date. The franchisee will only be certiﬁed from our training institute once all the above areas have been successfully passed.
As a franchisee, you will receive ongoing service and support in the following areas:
Franchise Compliance – shop evaluation
- Regular evaluation of each shop to ensure compliance with standards
- Review evaluation results and ensure remedial action is documented and effected
- Prepare MIS stats packs
- Monitor the performance of every shop using the stats packs and prescribed trading models
Marketing and promotions
- Planning of all marketing and promotions
- Assistance with the required implementation
- Comprehensive training for all staff before shop opening
- Ad hoc training courses as required
- Management refresher courses
Management Information Systems
- Preparation of MIS stats pack
- Monitoring the performance of every shop using the stats packs
- Décor development
- Product development
- Introduction of new décor and products
- Source and manufacture of exclusive and specialised raw materials, packaging etc.
- Act as a central supplier, and also identify preferred regional suppliers to achieve “economies of scale” application to prices.
In a further effort to assist franchisees through the development phase of the business, Simbisa has adopted a turnkey approach. This approach includes full project management incorporating the following:
- Store design and layout
- Full costing and budgets
- On site building management
Assistance will be provided as follows:
- Scheduling furniture, fittings and equipment, raw materials, packaging etc.
- Co-ordination of ordering, tracking and shipping of all necessary equipment
- Assistance with recruitment of staff
- Assistance with staff training
- Point of sale installation and support
- Assistance in establishment of effective management information systems
- Assistance with establishment of initial stock levels, budgets and prices
- On site brand support during shop opening.